Top News

UPDATED: Missing man Gerald Anthony reported deceased

Gerald Anthony.
Gerald Anthony. - Contributed

A Mount Pearl man was found dead on Friday after being missing for nearly six weeks.

Sixty-year-old Gerald Anthony was last seen on Aug. 13.

Police said the circumstances around Anthony’s death are not believed to be suspicious in nature.

His brother, Ken Anthony, said he couldn’t comment on the details of what happened because “it’s in the hands” of the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary (RNC).

Related link:

Family appealing to the public to help locate Gerald Anthony, after he disappeared from Mount Pearl last Monday

Their Criminal Investigation Division issued a news release Monday afternoon stating Anthony’s “remains were discovered in a wooded near Commander Place in Mount Pearl.”

RNC have been investigating the case since Anthony was reported missing and asked people living in the area of his home on Smallwood Drive to check video surveillance. Rovers ground search and rescue, a helicopter, and friends and family all participated in searches.

He was known to enjoy walking and there were several searches of Mount Pearl trails.

Ken Anthony said his brother was “an easygoing guy” and “he loved life.”

“It’s just good to have him home so we can pay our respects and try to move on,” he said, adding that the family appreciates all of the support they’ve received over the past few weeks since his brother was reported missing.

Anthony’s funeral will be held on Thursday in Mount Pearl.

Earlier story:

Gerald Anthony, a missing Mount Pearl man, the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary had been searching for weeks, is being reported as deceased.

According to his obituary, Anthony, 60, was reported deceased Friday.

His funeral is Thursday.

Anthony was first reported missing Aug. 13.

He lived on Smallwood Drive with his sister and was known to like to walk. There were several searches of Mount Pearl trails.

Recent Stories