The Newfoundland Labrador Building Trades Council launched a new brand and logo last week, and also continued with its charitable ways.
The brand, Trades NL: Building Trades of Newfoundland and Labrador, is a result of several months of work by M-5 Marketing Communications, according to a new release from the organization.
The new brand and logo was revealed Thursday at the Trades NL office, where 16 grants of $1,000 each were also presented to community/youth groups as part of the initiative.
“This is the result of a significant branding initiative for us, and represents a new beginning for our organization and members,” said NL Building Construction Trades Council executive director Darin King.
Building trades members were invited to nominate a group or organization of their choosing to receive a grant to mark the brand launch.
The grant recipients were:
- Daffodil Place
- Conception Harbour Recreation Playground Fund
- Vera Perlin Society
- Janeway Children’s Hospital
- Gathering Place
- Burin Peninsula North Special Olympics
- Grand Bank/Fortune Special Olympics
- CBR Bantam B All-Star Hockey Team
- St. John’s Junior Caps Hockey Team
- St. Lawrence Softball Field Restoration Project
- Choices for Youth
- Ronald McDonald House
- Children’s Wish
- Alzheimer Society of NL
- United Towns Pirates Minor Hockey Association
- Salvation Army New Hope Community Centre